“I have found the one that my soul loves.” -Song of Songs
Planning a wedding is an exciting time. You have found the person who whom you will spend a lifetime. You spend months preparing for the biggest event of your lives thus far. Friends and family from every aspect and era of your lives will gather to celebrate with you. You want every detail of your wedding to be perfect- the venue, the flowers, the dress, the music.
At the heart of the wedding is the ceremony.
- How do you create a ceremony that celebrates your unique relationship? That expresses your most treasured values?
- How do you prepare for the wedding day and plan thoughtfully and lovingly for the marriage that follows?
- How do you create space to connect with each other amidst all of the details of planning an event?
As a rabbi and teacher of mindfulness meditation, these are the questions that are in my heart and mind as we work together.
Preparing for Your Jewish or Interfaith Wedding
I treasure the opportunity to support couples as they plan for their wedding and marriage.
I will work with you to create a unique ceremony that reflects who you are individually and as a couple. I welcome Jewish, interfaith, and same gender (LGBT) couples.
As we plan your wedding, we will explore the Jewish rituals that will help bring your vision and values alive under the chuppah on your wedding day.
We will also take time to dream about the marriage that lies ahead:
- What do you love most about each other and about your relationship?
- How do you support and enjoy each other when life gets busy?
- How do you communicate with respect and love when conflicts arise?
- In thinking about the details of your married life, where do you agree? How do you resolve differences?
- Are there customs, rituals, and habits that can help you to remember each day how much you love and appreciate each other?
Please contact me for a free initial consultation to discuss officiation and ceremony planning for your wedding.
-Rabbi Margie Jacobs
“Working with Margie for our wedding was an absolute joy. We had several meetings with her to plan throughout the and she always helped us keep perspective about what was important, sacred, and beautiful about going through this rite of passage together. Our ceremony was perfect and exactly what we wanted. Margie really captured the essence of who we are, our passions and values. She was extremely accessible and easy to work with, and I felt like I was getting the experience of being married by my family rabbi, even though we had just met one year prior. I could not recommend her more highly.” -Ali and Tim
“We wanted to thank you for such a beautiful ceremony. It really reflected who we are as a couple, and our families were touched as well. People thought you had known us for years, and your voice was beautiful. We couldn’t have imagined a better wedding.”
-Theresa and Josh